The Governing Body at Winnington Park Primary School and Nursery work extremely hard to support the school and ensure that the future development of the school as well as the best interests of all pupils, are at the forefront of their discussions. The Governors make decisions, alongside the Senior Leadership Team, that they believe allow each child to fulfil their full potential, both academically and socially within our school community.
"Leaders, including governors, are ambitious for all pupils." - OFSTED March 2022
"Governors share senior leaders’ commitment to providing the best possible education for pupils." - OFSTED March 2022
Vision Statement for Winnington Park Community Primary and Nursery School Governing Body
- support and safeguard pupils, staff and parents in the local and wider community
- provide strategic direction for the school
- act as a critical friend
- ensure accountability in all areas of school life
We will achieve this by:
- under taking a rigorous programme of professional development in line with the School Strategic Development Plan
- scrutinise pupil achievement, progress and well being
- work in partnership with the school staff
- see how the school works within the “bigger picture” as well as understand the national and local context
- listen and ask questions that offer challenge
- recognise improvement and celebrate success
All governors have voting rights.
Mrs Anne Jurgis (Assistant Headteacher) is an observer and does not have voting rights.
Chair of Governors - Mr Chris Story
Contact is via school office 0160674371 or email@example.com
Vice Chair of Governors - Mrs Jem Davies
Curriculum Committee Chair - Mrs Jem Davies
HR/Health & Safety/ Finance Committees Chair - Mark Nixon
Disadvantaged and Sport Premium Chair - Chris Story
Curriculum - Mrs Vickie Allen