OFSTED March 2022: “Pupils behave well. Their behaviour reflects the determination that staff have for everyone to be the best they can possibly be. Pupils attend school regularly. They know what is expected of them in lessons and show real determination when work is challenging. Pupils are keen to play their part in the school community. Older pupils take on extra responsibilities with great enthusiasm. They actively support the well-being of other pupils, for example by acting as peer mentors.”
Our aim at Winnington Park Primary School and Nursery is to create a warm, welcoming, happy, respectful and safe community who members value and respect the feelings and beliefs of all in our school community. We believe that building trusting, positive relationships based on mutual respect is key to ensuring children make positive behaviour choices. All members of staff model and promote high standard of behaviour and encourage children to do so as well, placing a strong emphasis on positive praise and encouragement.
At Winnington Park, we strive to provide an ethos where everyone in our school community feels: safe, valued, respected within an inclusive environment. By promoting a supportive, inclusive environment, we aim to enable all children to reach their full potential, emotionally, socially and academically.
We aim to work together to ensure that:
- We provide an inclusive setting, where children are happy and healthy.
- Our school community is a respectful place where everyone feels safe, secure and valued.
- Children have a safe, welcoming environment where they can learn.
- We build childrens’ confidence, self-esteem and positive relationships.
- We respect the beliefs and values of all members of our community.
- All staff respond consistently with both positive and negative behaviours and work collaboratively with families.